What is YES?
Brixham Youth Enquiry Service (YES) is a local charity which supports young people in our community. It provides a free,drop-in service throughout the week in friendly, welcoming surroundings.
It offers FREE:
- Advice (on issues such as housing, benefits, relationships, employment, training and money)
To provide 8-25 year old young people and their families with information, advice and well-being which is consistently delivered as non-judgmental, supportive, inclusive and empowering.
1. To inspire all of our stakeholders to have greater sense of their own personal power, commitment and responsibility toward themselves and their community
2. To inspire external agencies to believe in People Powered Change
3. To integrate the ABCD, asset-based community development approach, where we build upon individual, community and environmental assets, resources and skills in order to move forward positively and proactively
4. To provide increased individual and community well-being
5. To break down barriers and build bridges within the community and specifically between the young people and older generations
YES has a team of experienced staff, counsellors and volunteers here to help everyone!
YES is open every weekday between 12noon and 6pm, and on a Saturday between 11am and 4pm. No appointments necessary, just come along!
Young people are central to the service YES provides. YES responds to the needs of young people and believes that every young person has the right to quality information, advice, support and involvement in community activities.